We should all be doing it!
Just need your garlic bulbs, some tin foil, olive oil, and a pan to set it on in the oven. Nothing fancy.
The result? This creamy, smooth, buttery-like garlic. You actually do squeeze it out. Like toothpaste. However, not toothpaste. You might need that, later.
But seriously, so good. And, it kept in the fridge in an airtight container for almost 2 weeks!
Give it a try. You won't be disappointed.
Total Time: 40+ minutes, depending on the bulbs!
Whole Garlic bulbs - as many as you like!
Pinch Sea Salt
What to do:
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit. Take out a baking dish/tray and lay a large piece of tin foil on top.
2) Chop the tops off of the garlic bulbs so you expose each clove a tiny bit at the top. Place each bulb, exposed side up, on the tin foil. They can touch each other, doesn't matter. Drizzle olive oil over top of each bulb and sprinkle with a bit of salt.
3) Fold tin foil so it covers garlic bulbs and create a little packet. Fold edges over so air doesn't escape. Keeping in baking tray, place in oven, middle rack. Bake for 40 minutes or longer, checking at the 40 minute mark. You are looking for the garlic to look slightly golden but most importantly, soft to touch.
4) Once it's ready, take out, uncover, and let cool for about 10 minutes. Then, carefully, take each bulb and squeeze from the bottom up. You should find the most amazingly smooth, buttery garlic you've ever tasted!!!
5) You can use it right away, on toast, in sauces, on veggies or meat. Or, you can store in your refrigerator for a week or 2 and use in all of your meals! It's delicious. Enjoy!