real food. real life.
These simple little dog treats are (were) a great stocking stuffer for your fur babies, but they also make great treats any time of the year.
These treats are easy, peasy, as well as wheat free, which our dogs are currently enjoying the benefits of.
Here ya go! More, hopefully, holidays treats coming!
3 Ingredient Pumpkin Puppy Treats
Original recipe found here
Total Time: 30 + 5 mins
2 cups oats
2/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Grease cookie sheet.
3. Process oats in a food processor until it resembles flour.
4. Add pumpkin and peanut butter. Blend in food processor until combined, sticky and doughy.
5. Transfer onto a lightly floured surface (use oat/rice flour if you'd like to keep it all wheat free). Flatten out until about 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with cookie cutter or, which is super easy, use a pizza cutter to just make a bunch of little squares of triangles.
6. Place cookies on cookie sheet and bake for about 25-30 minutes. Store in an airtight container, or little baggies for a fun holiday treat!
Total time from start to finish: 30 minutes
Food you'll need:
2 cups whole wheat flour
Tablespoon baking powder
1 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup milk of choice
What we did:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine wet and dry ingredients separately. Add wet to dry and mix well. Knead and roll onto lightly floured surface until about 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes and place on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until brown. Cool and pack in air tight container. We froze the rest that couldn't fit into the dog treat jars.