real food. real life.
A great thing to make when you have a few spare minutes, or when you just want a distraction from things you need to do.
Nutty Peppermint Chocolate Bars
1. Line an 8-inch pan with parchment paper Set aside.
2. Add 2 cups rolled oats into a high speed blender/food processor. Blend on high until a flour forms. Set aside.
3. In a food processor, add almonds and walnuts. Process until a very fine crumble. Add oat flour, 1/2 of the cocoa powder, salt, and coconut sugar. Process until combined.
4. Add in the maple syrup and almond milk. Process until it starts to come together in a bowl. Add another tablespoon of cocoa powder if desired. Process in the 1/4 cup rolled oats.
5. Take mixture and press into prepared pan. It should be sticky but firm up well. Once smooth, place in freezer while you make the chocolate topping.
6. Add coconut oil to a small mason jar. Melt in microwave until just warm enough to turn into a liquid. Add in cocoa powder, maple syrup, and peppermint. Shake really, really well until smooth and combined. Remove pan from freezer and pour melted chocolate on top. Turn pan to ensure it covers all around. Sprinkle coconut, if using, and place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes, or until set. Slice into squares or bars. Yummmmmmmmm. Store in the freezer!
Recipe adapted from Oh She Glows