This meal is a good one for a busy night!
You can use frozen cauliflower in a pinch for this dish, we've done it both ways. However, the fresh cauliflower adds a yummy crunch that frozen can't seem to live up to.
Looking forward to my leftovers for lunch tomorrow!
Total Time: 20 min
1 tbsp Earth Balance butter or coconut oil
2 cups chopped fresh/frozen cauliflower
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 inch chunk of ginger, minced
1 tbsp curry power
1 tbsp turmeric
1 tsp mild curry paste
1/4 tsp salt & pepper, each
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 can tomato paste
coconut or almond milk until it thickens/thins to the consistency you want
Cooked brown rice or quinoa pairs well!
What to do:
1) Cook rice or quinoa according to package.
2) Saute onion and garlic over medium heat in some oil or butter in a pan (I used a cast iron pan). Add cauliflower after a few minutes.
3) Stirring often, continue cooking cauliflower until it starts to brown a bit in the pan. Add in spices, maple syrup tomato paste, and milk of choice. Stir until everything is combined and evenly coated. You can continue adding milk until the sauce is to the consistency that you'd like, little by little and stirring.
4) Maintain heat at medium until the sauce starts to bubble. Reduce heat slightly to continue cooking until cauliflower is softened a bit, to your liking.
5) Serve atop a bed of quinoa or brown rice. Yum yum!