So moist and sweet from the applesauce and maple syrup. A great blend of spices that will make your house smell amazing!
Total Time: 10 minutes prep + 22 minutes bake
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (or sub other flour)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 flax egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup grated carrot
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and prep muffin pan with liners. I tried the parchment paper ones this time and they turned out alright, but as you can tell from the picture, did not stick to the muffin at all!
2) In a small bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
3) In a larger bowl, mix with an electric mixer the coconut oil, maple syrup, flax egg, and vanilla. Then slowly add in the dry ingredient mixture until blended and sticky. Fold in applesauce and carrots until well combined.
4) Spoon into muffin pan and bake for 22-24 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!! :)
Super easy, delicious, and really not that bad for you! :)
Time from start to finish: 5 minutes
handful of fresh or frozen strawberries
1 tablespoon almond butter
1 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
What to do:
1) Blend it all together!
What we used:
handful of frozen strawberries (slightly warmed in the microwave to quicken up the blending, makes it more smoother than icier)
handful of frozen blueberries
1 tbsp of natural almond butter
1/3 cup of unsweetened almond milk
1) Blend all ingredients together using a blender! Pour into a glass and enjoy!