I'm not going waste any time here talking about life because, let's be honest, you're not really here for that. You're here for the food. We all are for the food. Food is essential, especially when you have homemade Singapore-ish noodles.
We used Pad Thai sized noodles because they are so delicious. But any size would work. Normally made with vermicelli sized, which cook faster. Your call.
Amazing Homemade Singapore Noodles. Amazing.
Rice Noodles, any size, cook according to package (we used Pad Thai size, this time)
Coconut oil or water for sautéing
1 tbsp ginger
1 tbsp garlic
Veggies of choice (We like green beans, broccoli, red pepper, cabbage, onion, corn)
1 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp white vinegar
3 tbsp water
1 tsp sesame oil
dash sea salt/pepper
2 tsp garlic
2 tsp ginger
1 tsp turmeric
2 tsp curry
1 tsp chilli
optional: cashews or peanuts on top!
What to do:
1) Cook rice noodles according to package, usually cooking time is 2-3 minutes. Rinse with cold water to separate noodles in colander and let sit until ready to add to stir fry.
2) Heat oil or a bit of water over medium heat. Add sliced onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook, stirring often for a few minutes. Add broccoli and green beans. Continue cooking, stirring, for about 5-7 minutes.
3) Add chopped red pepper, corn, and sliced cabbage. Continue cooking until veggies are just softening, not overdone. Reduce heat to low.
4) Meanwhile, mix all ingredients for sauce in a mason jar, shaking well until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning to liking of sweetness to spiciness.
5) Add noodles to stir fried veggies. Add sauce. Mix everything well to combine. Sprinkle with cashews, because, why not. Cashews go well with everything.