real food. real life.
Again, as you've noticed, we're getting more and more into making everything from scratch. And this has many reasons, a few of which are: 1) We know what we're eating (no chemicals) 2) I can eat and digest it! (no dairy, soy, sugar) 3) Cheaper (Honestly, no lies, MUCH cheaper) 4) We are learning how to cook, and I mean really cook!
The Dog biscuit stuff is mainly about the low cost and the no chemicals. When you look at the ingredients in this recipe and realize that I made over 100 dog biscuits, you do the math! It is cheap!
Time from Start to Finish: 30 minutes
What we used:
1 Smaller-sized Sweet Potato, skinned and chopped
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
What we did:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Cook sweet potato and mash. Let cool.
3) Combine flour, apple sauce, eggs, and cooled sweet potato into a dough. Add flour as needed.
4) On a flat surface knead dough until no longer sticky and roll out till about 1/4 inch thickness. Use a cookie cutter or slice with pizza cutter (much quicker this way). Place on greased baking sheet.
5) Cook in oven on middle rack for about 15-20 minutes, until slightly golden brown. Remove and let cool before storing/serving!
We really cooked these things. From scratch. On weeknights. And we even had time to do the dishes.
They have real, simple ingredients that you'll find in your cupboards. They're healthy and delicious. No lies.
Thanks for reading. Leave a comment below!
Here's a pic of me and my babies. Just because.
A Bit About Me...