real food. real life.
This was honestly not a planned meal and happened only because we had a ton of leftover asian greens in the fridge - and not much else! I was running low of cooking ingredients, too, and ended up using the rest of the coconut amines, but it didn't need a drop more. With some frozen chicken out of the freezer and cooked jasmine rice, this meal took no time to make and blew my mind how delicious it tasted! It was sooo good, I surprised myself at this accomplishment! If you've not had sautéed greens before, this is a good way to start. They soak up the flavours of the sauce so well, you wouldn't notice that you're eating almost a whole bag of green, leafy, veggies!
Total Time from Start to Finish: 25 minutes
Rice, 1 cup
Cooking oil, a drizzle
Chicken Breasts, 1 large or 2 small, cut into bitesize chunks
Green Leafy Goodness - as much as you want - remember, it wilts down quickly and becomes very small. The more the merrier!
Dried Chilli Pepper - 1, diced
Garlic Clove, Minced
Honey, 1 tablespoon or a bit more for sweetness
Coconut Aminos, 1 tablespoon
Rice Vinegar, 1 tablespoon
Sesame Oil, 1 tablespoon
Sesame Seeds, a scoop for the sauce and some to sprinkle on top, as well
What to do:
1) Cook Rice. We used Jasmine scented rice, Lee's favorite. It takes about 1 1/3 water and 1 cup rice. If you want added flavour to your rice, we suggest using an organic bouillon cube - adding it to the water when it boils.
2) While the rice is cooking, sauce chicken with a drizzle of oil. Add chill papers and garlic to the mix. Ensure chicken cooks until no longer pink.
3) Add handfuls of greens. Stir gently until they start to wilt.
4) While this is going on, prepare the sauce. Combine Honey, Coconut Aminos, Rice Vinegar, Sesame Oil, and a couple pinches of sesame seeds.
5) Add sauce to the sautéed greens and chicken and stir. Remove from heat. Serve over cooked rice and gobble it up!! Yum!
We really cooked these things. From scratch. On weeknights. And we even had time to do the dishes.
They have real, simple ingredients that you'll find in your cupboards. They're healthy and delicious. No lies.
Thanks for reading. Leave a comment below!
Here's a pic of me and my babies. Just because.
A Bit About Me...