real food. real life.
A great use for chicken breasts! I just took 2 out of the freezer earlier in the day and when it was time to prepare supper they were thawed enough to cut perfectly. Pair it with whatever root veggies you have on hand and, voila - you have a delicious remake of the go-to packaged stuff! Not hard to make. Seriously. And apparently entertaining enough to make that Hannah watched the whole process quietly without fussing. :)
Total Time: 35 minutes
2 chicken breasts, sliced into strips
1/2 cup flour (any kind I think would do - I used whole wheat)
1 egg, whisked
spices: sea salt, pepper, whatever else you like
Drizzle of olive oil
What to do:
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees fahrenheit.
2) Mix together flour with spices.
3) Grease baking sheet with oil.
4) Create dipping stations for the chicken - first one in egg, next one in flour mixture, then lay on baking sheet.
5) Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes, until cooked through. Flip once for crispiness on both sides.
We really cooked these things. From scratch. On weeknights. And we even had time to do the dishes.
They have real, simple ingredients that you'll find in your cupboards. They're healthy and delicious. No lies.
Thanks for reading. Leave a comment below!
Here's a pic of me and my babies. Just because.
A Bit About Me...