real food. real life.
Yes, that's a mouthful, I know.
Maple Blueberry Walnut Oatmeal Cookies.
But it's a delicious mouthful... !
Seriously though. I couldn't resist leaving out any of those delicious ingredients from the title. And that title in itself was hard enough to narrow down! There's still some other yumminess I left out of the title.
Gluten-free and tasty. Eat as many as ya like!
Maple Blueberry Walnut Oatmeal Cookies
Total Time: 5 min prep + 14 min baking
2/3 cup sunflower seed butter
2/3 cup maple syrup
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 flax egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup oat flour (process oats in a food processor for a few seconds!)
1 1/2 cups oats
Handful Dried Blueberries
What to do:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
2) Process 1 cup oats in food processor to turn into a 'flour'. Remove from food processor and set aside.
3) Using a food processor or mixer, combine sunflower seed butter and maple syrup. Add coconut oil and then flax egg until combined. Then vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, and oat flour. Mix thoroughly until smooth and sticky.
4) Switch to using a large spoon and add oats, walnuts, and dried blueberries. Stir to combine.
5) Spoon onto lined/greased cookie sheet about an inch apart from each other. Bake on middle rack for 12-14 minutes, until crisping up just on the edges. Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack. Eat 'em up or freeze them. They are delicious straight out the freezer, too! :)
We really cooked these things. From scratch. On weeknights. And we even had time to do the dishes.
They have real, simple ingredients that you'll find in your cupboards. They're healthy and delicious. No lies.
Thanks for reading. Leave a comment below!
Here's a pic of me and my babies. Just because.
A Bit About Me...