real food. real life.
insert substitute for crunchy, store-bought cereal - GRANOLA!
Who doesn't love granola? It's sweet, crunchy, versatile, can be a meal or snack! So good. And not loaded with random ingredients you don't want.
Total time: 5 min prep + 30-45 minute baking
3 cups rolled oats, old fashioned style
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
What to do:
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit. Grease large cookie sheet (with sides).
2) Mix together oats, cinnamon, sea salt, almonds, seeds and any other nuts/seeds you are using.
3) In a small dish, combine maple syrup and oil. Add to the oat mixture. Stir well to combine so that all pieces are coated.
4) Spread evenly on greased baking pan. Bake in oven for 30-45 minutes, until golden brown. Stir once, around the 20 minute mark.
5) Remove from oven but let sit in pan, cooling, for another 15 minutes or so to let it crisp up even more. Then remove from pan, adding in any dried fruit, if any, at this point. Store in an airtight container, in the refrigerator. Yum!