real food. real life.
A definite favorite for Mac and Zoey. Mac was pooling in a puddle of drool while he patiently waited for me to take this picture. They are very easy and probably the cheapest dog treats I've made. I took an applesauce dog treat recipe and added peanut butter. They still worked out, the dogs love them, and they are made with NORMAL ingredients. A much better treat for your fur baby!
Total Time: 30 minutes
3 cups whole wheat flour
2 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup applesauce - NO SUGAR ADDED
1/4 cup peanut butter - NATURAL
1/4 cup warm water
What to do:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Put all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix together until it can be formed into a large ball of dough for kneading. Add water/flour as needed it the consistency isn't right.
3) Remove from bowl and roll out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll until it is fairly thin, about a 1/4 inch or so in thickness.
4) Use a pizza cutter to cut into vertical strips and then cut overtop horizontally to make small square pieces. Or, if you have time, use a little cookie cutter... but I make these too often to put any effort like that into it. The dogs don't care what they look like! :)
5) Bake on a cookie sheet for about 20 minutes, or until crunchy but not burnt. Store in air-tight container or in the fridge. I freeze half as well, they freeze well.
We really cooked these things. From scratch. On weeknights. And we even had time to do the dishes.
They have real, simple ingredients that you'll find in your cupboards. They're healthy and delicious. No lies.
Thanks for reading. Leave a comment below!
Here's a pic of me and my babies. Just because.
A Bit About Me...